Category: A - Newsbreaks
Hits: 2675

April 5--  Vidalia fire officials say smoke damage was heavy at the home of Wayne and Karen Brantley Wednesday afternoon.

Fire Chief Buddy Coleman thinks the fire was caused by an electrical short in a lighted china cabinet.

Toombs County Deputy Sheriff Jay Page happened to be near the house on High Street and spotted smoke.  He found a ladder in the garage and rescued a woman from a second floor window.  

Karen Brantley, who chairs the Refuge Domestic Violence Center, was treated for smoke inhalation by emergency medical personnel.