Use the form below to filter for articles containing certain key words. Use the calendar on the right for articles published during a certain Month, Year.

February 18--  A fire destroyed the interior of a Vidalia home Thursday night.

Fire Chief Buddy Coleman says the brick house at 801 Clyde Boulevard was destroyed on the inside by fire and smoke.  He believes the fire was started by a cigarette on a sofa in the den.

The house is rented by Troy and Amy Suits and is owned by Gary Hawes of Vidalia, according to Chief Coleman.  He said the woman, who was alone at the house when the fire started about 8:30 p.m., suffered a slight burn on a finger.

Firemen were at the house till nearly midnight and returned early Friday to douse some smoldering embers.